Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chris

Default Using Silicone muffin pans

"Alexis" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Anyone had good luck with silicone muffin pans? I received some
> recently, and I've only used them a few times -- but I'm not having any
> luck getting anything in them to rise. My guess is that the silicone
> "gives" too easily to allow enough support for the batters. Any
> suggestions?

I'm not wild about them, myself. I have a silicone mini-muffin pan and
while I don't have trouble getting things to rise, I don't like the
floppiness of the pan. I spray w/ PAM or the equivalent. The muffins don't
"tumble" out, rather, I have to push the individual cups inside out from the
bottom to pop the muffins out. They don't stick, though. Also, you're
supposed to cool the muffins before removing (at least, that's what my pans
said) and I usually like to remove them after about 5 minutes, to eat them
while hot.

Not sure why your muffins aren't rising; sorry!

Chris