Posted to rec.food.equipment
Vox Humana

Default Circulon Steel and how to clean it

"Remsleep" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
> news
>> "Sugarite" > wrote in message
>>>I have a large pan that is about 2 to 3 years old that I've had no
>>> trouble with until recently. Never been in the dishwasher and always use
>>> dish soap and a soft sponge/scrubber to clean it. Now it looks like a
>>> poorly treated cast iron pan. Tried boiling water, water and vineger to
>>> no avail.
>>>
>>> Hope someone has some good suggestions...google groups wasn't too
>>> helpful

>> Is this the Circulon non-stick with the grooved surface? Your method
>> sounds right on - we also use a soft brush and our 15 year old pans still
>> look fine.
>>

> Is it the line with the SS interior? If so, stick it in the dishwasher and
> be happy.
>
> If it has the non-stick interior, then Peter is correct. We use an OXO
> brush w/built-in dish soap dispenser. Works great. The problem with just
> using a sponge is that you'll leave stuff to build up in the grooves.

If it is 18/10 stainless, you can also use heavy duty oven cleaner on it.
(I like the Easy Off brand in the yellow can.) Put it in a garbage bag,
spray, close the bag and let it sit overnight. In the morning, rinse clean.
Difficult areas can be scrubbed with Bar Keeper's Friend. If it is
non-stick, then you probably won't be able to restore it to like-new
condition. Don't use oven cleaner on non-stick or aluminum surfaces.