Posted to rec.food.cooking
Alexis

Default Using Silicone muffin pans

Anyone had good luck with silicone muffin pans? I received some
recently, and I've only used them a few times -- but I'm not having any
luck getting anything in them to rise. My guess is that the silicone
"gives" too easily to allow enough support for the batters. Any
suggestions? I've made muffins from a basic tried-and-true blueberry
muffin recipe, and tonight I made popovers (to go with the potato corn
chowder). This is the first time ever I've not had my popovers "pop".

Recipe I used for the popovers:

1 cup flour
1 cup milk
3 cups eggs
dash of salt.

fill cold, greased muffin tins (I've always used muffin tins instead of
a popover pan and never had problems before) half-full. Put in a cold
oven and turn to 450 degrees. Bake, without opening the oven door at
all, for 30 minutes.

Like I said, this is the first time they haven't worked. The only
difference is the pan. So, if there's anyone here who uses and likes
their silicon muffin pans, I'd love to hear what you do with them!

Thanks,
Alexis.