Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Newbie to green tea, need help

Steve Hay wrote:
> Welcome to the group. I notice you are using Google. Might I suggest
> you review the following link to assist you in providing context for
> your posts.

I have reviewed the link, and will be happy to comply... I didn't
consider it a "context nazi" request, just a simple one that I knew
better of anyhow I just happened to stumble across this group while
trying to solve a tea mystery that has been driving me nuts for
years... but am very glad I did! Thanks for the welcome, and I'm glad
to be here.

Also, to the OP. I misspelled Matcha as "ma-cha" in my previous reply.
The correct spelling is Matcha. And also, we all started somewhere in
our tea lives and most just as you are. Keep at it, tea is an amazing
thing that can be deep and rewarding in amazing ways. There is a great
book called "The Book of Tea" that I highly reccomend. It starts with
inexpensive tea bags and then pretty soon you'll progress on to loose
teas that cost $40+/lb. (which isn't as expensive as it sounds at
first). Good luck!