Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

Default Sunday's Menu

The Bubbo wrote on 15 Jan 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Ophelia wrote:
> >>
> >> I make so much rice and could never make it on the stove top
> >> either. I got the
> >> rice cooker, A National, and there hasn't been a problem since.
> >> It's one of
> >> the appliances that never leaves the counter because I use it so
> >> often.
> >>
> >> I'm having a sushi party later this month and that thing will be
> >> indespensible.

> > I am feeling much better about mine now)) I was sure I would be
> > derided)
> >

> oh pffft. You're using a tool that allows you greater success than
> your other options. Anyone who derides you probably also spends too
> much time in alt.binaries.live.nude.davidhasselhoff to understand the
> real world!
>
> I've had mine since 1997 and the only thing I've noticed is that over
> the years I've had to slightly increase the water to rice ratio. Other
> than that, the thing works like a charm

I used to be able to cook rice in the microwave...But that was when there
were 4 of us...now there's just me and also with a different microwave. I
made basmati rice most nights for supper. But that was in the early 90's.
Now I'm outa practice. Hence the rice cooker.

It's like most things you do repeatedly after a while you don't need to
measure or anything, you just know. Well since the new nuker and the
smaller quanities, I just didn't know anymore. And it was a pain to make
3 or 4 batches of rice so's 1 batch would be eatible. Hence the rice
maker. Plus I rarely eat rice anymore...low carbing and diabetic
reasons...Sure I'll cheat and eat say 1/2 cup of cooked rice now and
then, usually when dining out. So to get 1/2 cup cooked rice you need to
cook less than 1/4 cup raw rice, that is possible in my rice cooker but
not so likely in the nuker.

I like my rice buttered...How do you like your rice?

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.