Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nicky

Default Flax Seed Recipes

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
>I am new to this newsgroup and don't know he protocol . I joined to be
> able to read Peter's recipes. I am lookin gof rsoem recipes using flax
> seed (ground by me as I use it) in dishes like pancakes, muffins, etc. I
> don't wxpcet that it woudl replace all of the flour, but woudl reduce the
> carb load and provide the nutritional benefits of the flax seed. Any help
> woudl be appreciated.

Hi, Wendy - I eat a flaxseed porridge recipe every day in the winter, except
when I fancy pancakes : ) I grind enough flaxseed to get a couple of
tablespoonfuls, sometimes with a few walnuts or a brazil nut thrown in the
grinder, then mix with a beaten egg. It fries to a lovely crisp outside and
nutty inside, perfect for serving with low-carb maple syrup. Hmmm... think
I'll have some tomorrow... The same recipe with hot water instead of egg is
the porridge. I can make up a week's worth at a time, store it in the
fridge, and be sure of it not going off.

Googling the alt.support.diet.low-carb group would also be fruitful. I got
some flax seed bread recipes from there, and also a muffin recipe which I
appear to have misfiled somewhere - but I prefer almond flour muffins, so I
don't make the flax seed variety any more.

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.6/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine