Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
ann

Default 100% mexican vanilla la vencedora

"Paragon" > wrote in
news
> BoboBonobo wrote:
>> ann wrote:
>>> "Paragon" > wrote in
>>> ink.net:

Futher info from http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/vanilla.htm

" Pure extracts may still contain some sugar, corn syrup, caramel,
colors as well as stabilizers. Pure vanilla extracts must contain
at least 35% alcohol. FDA requirements are a minimum of 13.35
ounces of vanilla beans to a gallon of a minimum of 35% alcohol to
65% water mixture. "

and...

"A natural vanilla flavoring is derived from vanilla beans but has
little or no alcohol typically a maximum of 2% - 3%. This is a
product preferred by many people not wanting to use alcohol based
extracts. Flavorings may also have some sugar and a glycerin or a
propilene (polyproylene) glycol base*. Flavorings are commonly
used in cooking and baked goods both at home as well as in
commercial establishments."

Does that help?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...a%22+vanilla+b
ean&btnG=Google+Search