Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,alt.food.vegan
Leif Erikson

Default Challenge: can you do better than the Goos?

dh@. wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 07:20:18 GMT, "Dutch" > wrote:
>

>><dh@.> wrote
>>
>>> I challenge any/all of you to explain why we should not give
>>>livestock lives as much consideration as their deaths

>>We do give their lives consideration

> Then I'm free to encourage people to do so,

Here's what Dutch actually wrote that you unethically
edited: "We do give their lives consideration, that's
what "animal welfare" is."

We do *not* give moral consideration to the morally
meaningless fact of the animals' coming into existence,
****wit; we give consideration to the *quality* of life
they experience, when and if they come into existence.
Dutch was using a kind of shorthand, ****wit, which
you knew but are too unethical to acknowledge.

We always win, ****wit. You're going to learn.