Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default the traditional Italian sourdough starter " madre"

A couple of month ago , I had Panettone from Italy that was so
great~!!!

and I could not forget the taste of it.

so I made my mind to make my own Panettone.

finally I found a recipe that seems good.

but the thing is the recipe requires mother yeast called "madre" which
the recipe does not say.

I started to find the recipe for "madre".but i could not find any
recipes at all.

Does anyone know how to make it?

I heard it takes up to 20 days, and it is based on
fruits.........that's all I know.

If I make Panettone with the traditional Italian sourdough starter "
madre",

I will send him or her (who let me know how to make it) the Panettone
I made.

Fedex does go anywhere in the world.

I promise.