Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Christopher Richards

Default Textured Soy Protein How to Prepare?

I live in Oakland California. I have been going to a great Vietnamese
restaurant that has all kinds of textured protien. They make an excellent
beef dish out of this stuff. I walked down to Chinatown and purchased
Chicken Chunk and Vegetarian Beef Tendon (that's what the packet says) made
with non gentically modified soy. Ingredients:
Isolated soy protein, soy bean fiber, unhydrogenated soy bean oil, all
nauran [sic] vegetarian seasoning. I called the Lung Wei Chi Agriculture Co
as their phone is on the packet, but no one speaks English.

I want to know how best to prepare it. It may be a matter of only steaming
it and putting it in a sauce (or microwaving). In the shop they had dried,
refrigerated vaccum sealed (which is what I bought), and frozen.

Can anyone help me find out more information on how to prepare? I could use
some advice on making Vietnamese sauces too.
Thanks
Christopher