Old 06-01-2006, 10:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

Default What would you call this

On Fri 06 Jan 2006 01:47:54p, MoM wrote in rec.food.cooking:

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
On Fri 06 Jan 2006 11:16:58a, MoM wrote in rec.food.cooking:

I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.

Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic, basil,
oregano and those anise flavour seeds.

2 lbs ground beef.

It's all simmering on the stove.

So is there a name for this?

MoM

Except for the peppers, it sounded like you were starting
a Sauce Bolognese.

--
Wayne Boatwright **

I didn't know what was in a Bolognese.

No peppers but a couple of other things, including a bit of milk or cream.

It turned out great!

Then name it Spaghetti a la Helen!

We've been eating dinner around 2 because by 5:30 or later
I'm just not hungry.

Not a bad idea. Because of our different schedules, we don't get to eat
dinner until around 8:30 p.m. That's way too late in my book, but if we
want to eat together, that's what we have to do.

--
Wayne Boatwright **

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974