Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

Default What would you call this

On Fri 06 Jan 2006 01:47:54p, MoM wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> On Fri 06 Jan 2006 11:16:58a, MoM wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>
>>> I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.
>>>
>>> Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
>>> tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic, basil,
>>> oregano and those anise flavour seeds.
>>>
>>> 2 lbs ground beef.
>>>
>>> It's all simmering on the stove.
>>>
>>> So is there a name for this?
>>>
>>> MoM
>>>

>> Except for the peppers, it sounded like you were starting
>> a Sauce Bolognese.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>>

> I didn't know what was in a Bolognese.

No peppers but a couple of other things, including a bit of milk or cream.

> It turned out great!

Then name it Spaghetti a la Helen!

> We've been eating dinner around 2 because by 5:30 or later
> I'm just not hungry.

Not a bad idea. Because of our different schedules, we don't get to eat
dinner until around 8:30 p.m. That's way too late in my book, but if we
want to eat together, that's what we have to do.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974