Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem

Default Julie and Julia: Favorite Julia Child Recipes?

Karen MacInerney wrote:
> I just finished reading Julie and Julia, and it's got me all jazzed up
> about trying more of Julia Child's recipes. [snip]
> So, for all of you master cooks out there, any personal favorites?
> Preferably personal favorites requiring less than three hours of labor? [snip]

Too many to count. Julia was a great teacher. Two points she
demonstrated over and over will always be with me. First, it's worth
doing things right. Sure, sometimes we're in a hurry or have other
reasons for compromising and substituting, but if you want something to
be really good, then do it right. Secondly, it's cooking, not rocket
science, so enjoy what you're doing.

Now as to specific dishes. In the category of 'a bit of work but worth
it' one of my favorites would be Coulibiac -- salmon wrapped in pastry
and baked. In the 'so simple but so yummy would be the classic Coq au
Vin. -aem