Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

Default Today's Breakfast

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Thu 05 Jan 2006 09:34:19p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Kathy
> in NZ?
>
>> On 5 Jan 2006 19:30:26 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> A big bowl of pinhead oatmeal with toasted walnuts and sliced
>>> bananas, dusted with brown sugar. A couple of slices of bacon on
>>> the side. Hearty stuff!
>>>
>>> What did you have?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>>> __________________________________________________ ________________
>>> And if we enter a room full of manure, may we believe in the pony.

>> My usual workday breakfast, a muffin split with bacon and an egg
>> inside. Courtesy of our work caf.
>>
>> Kathy in NZ

> I loved the places I've worked where was a company cafeteria. Most
> were very good. One, in particular, was excellent. I miss that!

I've never worked in a place with a cafeteria but in one building there was
this little privately owned place that did breakfast and lunch. For about a
buck you could get a bacon & egg sandwich on toast. Lunchtime they usually
offered one or two 'entrees', e.g. meatloaf or baked chicken with a couple
of veggie sides. It was great for a while, then I guess it changed owners.
Suddenly you could never tell if they'd be open or not. If they were open,
they often didn't have much in the way of food! LOL They were gone shortly
after that but we moved to a new building anyway so it didn't matter.

Jill