Posted to alt.food.vegan
Steve

Default Linseed

Dave wrote:
> The packet of linseeds I recently purchased advises take one tsp
> immediately
> followed by 2 glasses of water. Why the water and does it apply if you
> grind the
> seeds before eating?

If you are vegan you should take 1-2 tablesppons a day, ground ( see the
first link at the url listed in my sig ).

You will not be able to digest flax seeds unless they are ground. Try
not to cook the seeds.

You need the water because the flax fibers absorb a lot of water. If
you don't drink water with it the flax will suck up fluids in your
digestive track making it more difficult for your system to deal with it.

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"