Posted to alt.food.vegan
Steve

Default Buckwheat

Dave wrote:
> Whenever I've cooked buckwheat I find the grains stick together to
> create
> a mushy texture that I am not altogether fond of. Is there any good way
> to avoid this?

Yes.

1. Get a box of ener-g egg replacer. Use the equivalent of 1 egg per
cup of dry, roasted buckwheat groats.

2. Mix enough egg replacer for 2 cups of dry, roasted buckwheat

3. Set 6 cups of water up to a boil

4. Put buckwheat groats in a pan, mix with the egg replacer. Sprinkle
some black pepper into the mix. Dry roast mix in a frying pan for about
3 minutes.

5. When water is boiling add groats to it. Never add the groats to the
water until the water is at a rolling boil

6. Bring the water back to a boil and set to low. Simmer until the
water is absorbed.

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"