Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy

Default Google Groups complaint (was Earl Grey)

I think the Google assurance of seeing one's post rolled up
'momentarily' is more true than not. I've never lost a post with
Google. There is nothing in the Google psyche that depends on a double
post besides serendipity. If you don't believe me look at the current
share price. Google has a threaded view. You only need it when people
don't quote. If there is a posting limit it is because people try to
post video or audio files in non Usenet format with appropriate
reassembly instructions. The standard formats for Usenet audio video
posts are automatically deleted by Google no matter where they come
from. It is a function of blanket censorship more than storage space.
To this extent I think Google is abusing Usenet and should cease the
practice or cease archiving. Most people complain about software
because it makes them look stupid than coding bugs.

Jim