Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Pino

Default Old fashioned wine making.

Hi John

I enjoyed viewing your website. My father also made wine in a similar way.
However, now a days tastes are more sophisticated and everyone is after that
special vintage wine. The old process can still work but not with
concord/Niagara grapes and there are a lot of risks if the standard
procedures are not followed.

If you love making and drinking wine you should consider some of the popular
grapes (merlot, cabernets, chardonnay, pinot noir ...) whatever suits your
taste. You will also need to study modern wine making. There are a lot of
great cheap books even the library is stacked with them. Also this group
has a lot of experts (not me) that are always willing to help.

Joe