Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ken

Default impulse buy bread tins

Kathy in NZ wrote:
> On 3 Jan 2006 21:09:49 -0800, "Ken" >
> wrote:
>

> >Self rising flour is also used for what we call biscuits, which is not
> >the British biscuit, which is what we call a cookie. Sorry, I don't
> >know England's word for biscuit.
> >Ken
> >

> Your biscuit is called a scone, in England (and NZ, and Oz).
>
> Kathy in NZ

Kathy,

Thanks. I was thinking that, but when people here make what they call
scones, it's something different. Similar but different. Our biscuits
are often very light and airy. And it's traditional for them to be
short cylinders about an inch-and-a-half high (4 cm) cut from the dough
with a round cookie cutter. Although home made ones are often little
lumps.

Can you tell me what whole meal flour is?

Thanks again,

Ken