Posted to rec.food.baking
Loocie

Default fruit cake with icing- how long can I keep it?

thanks Pat,

this is an old fashioned english recipe handed down from generation to
generation, its dense and fairly moist. Not light at all. It is 8
months old ( or young!) and I have "fed" it a few times since I baked
it with brandy. I am just worried that as the marzipan was homemade
with raw egg yolks that it would perhaps go mouldy as the cake is so
moist. I will wrap it up good and store away from light, heat and
mice, and bring it out next year. Hopefully it will taste even better!
Loocie