Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove

Default Bad Boy

"Rich" > wrote in message
> I not too sure I am new at this. I thought Diet was better then the good
> stuff. I cut out all the raw sugars.
> In the first year I keep things down. Now my Dr has add more meds.

Lipator,
> Blood Pressure, two medaforman, Vitamins and a aspirin.
>
> Things were better before all the meds

Sugar has nothing to do with it! It is carbs that raise our BG (blood
glucose). Yes, sugar *is* a carb but it's no worse for us in terms of BG
than bread or pretzels. As you've now seen.

Yes, diet soda is better for your than regular soda. Regular soda is loaded
in carbs and if you're diabetic you shouldn't have it. Unless of course you
have a hypo and need to raise your BG quickly.

--
See my webpage: