Posted to rec.food.historic,soc.history.ancient,humanities.classics
Tom Coleman

Default A Carthaginian feast

It's one of my staple spices for indian vegetarian recipes & I usually add
it to lentil dahls etc. Only a small pinch though.

It REALLY stinks though and is the only spice I keep in 2 containers !!
Available at most the larger supermarkets now - at least in the South East
of England.

Try http://www.theepicentre.com/Spices/asafetid.html for more info

Regards,
Tom