Old 03-01-2006, 07:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

Default Cinnamon Roll Pizza/Cinnasticks

On Mon 02 Jan 2006 11:35:22p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ?

On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 18:11:54 GMT, "Cliff Hartle"
wrote:

I think they are small pieces of pizza dough coated in cinnamon and
sugar (maybe in syrup form), rolled up, stuffed into a pan and baked.

Then after they are baked, they are drizzled with icing.

That was my theory as well, but the Ciccis product is MUCH TOO THICK for
traditional pizza dough when baked. Its very thick, maybe 1-2" very
close to a normal sweet/cinnamon roll.

So this must be a different dough than the pizza batch.

Cinnasticks are just that pizza dough as they are about the same
thickness. ----

It would seem that a lot depends on how thick you roll out the dough and
how long you let it rise. Pizza dough is not really much different than
many other bread doughs.

--
Wayne Boatwright **