Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
vincent p. norris

Default "Spirited look at pleasures a favorite bar can provide"

> When my mother would rag my father for stopping after work to have
>a drink with "the fellas," his less-than-perfectly-logical defense was,
>"It's not the alcohol, honey, it's the camaraderie." Memorist J. R.
>Moehringer wouldn't just understand that response, he'd think it was
>perfectly logical.

I can too! Although I'm reading this newsgroup because I enjoy beer
(and wine), I get together with a bunch (ranging from a dozen to as
many as 22) of other pilots and former pilots every Thursday for
lunch; no alcohol is consumed.

On Saturday morning, as if we hadn't already had enough of each other,
we meet at the local airport for coffee and donuts. Again, no alcohol
is consumed. We've been doing this for years.

It's the comaraderie.

Sometimes we even talk about airplanes!

vince norris