Posted to rec.food.baking
Richard Crowley

Default Nabisco original graham crackers?

"D.Currie" wrote ...
> There are some pretty weird graham crackers out there,
> which a person might want to avoid when trying to make
> a specific recipe. .....

IMHO, the "official, original" Nabisco Honey Maid Graham
Crackers themselves aren't what they used to be.

The physical size has been creeping down to where they are
now noticably narower than they used to be. The individual
"halves" used to be square (1:1), but no longer. It would
appear that this is a gradual cost-cutting measure. (?)

And the flavor is not what I remember as a child (or even
just 10 years ago, etc.) To me, they taste much more like
the "generic, low-quality" graham crackers you see from
the 2nd-tier and OEM sources. Is it the type of shortening
they use or ???

Is it possible to make your own? Are there recepies, etc?