Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove

Default Texas Caviar

"Pete Romfh" > wrote in message

> Maybe Texas Kids are different. Often they will eat things at a party that
> they otherwise won't touch.
> It may not be kid-friendly to all kids but a lot of them seem to like it
> down here.

Well, that could be. I remember passing through Texas while on vacation
when I was a kid. I ordered chili in a restaurant because I loved chili.
But it was so hot it brought tears to my eyes and I couldn't eat it. I kept
trying to tell my mom that it was too hot, but she was thinking temperature
and not spice. I finally told her to try it. Then she knew what I meant!
My dad then called the waitress over and said something like, "How could you
serve this to a little kid?" She just shrugged. So maybe Texas kids are
different. Black eyed peas are not a common food up north. Neither is
hominy.

--
See my webpage: