Posted to rec.food.baking
Reg

Default Nabisco original graham crackers?

wrote:

> On "America's Test Kitchen" they recommended nabisco original graham
> crackers made with molasses for making the best graham cracker pie
> crust. They don't seem to have it at Ralph's. All they had was a bunch
> of nabisco Honey Maid graham crackers. America's Test Kitchen said
> those are pretty good but not as good as the original ones. Do you guys
> know if they still sell the original ones? Does it say honey maid on
> the box or not? Should I keep looking in other stores or am I out of
> luck?

I belive ATK is referring to the Honey Maid brand. They must
be. Nabisco don't make any labeled "original", or any graham
crackers not under the Honey Maid brand (except for something
called "Teddy Grahams", which I don't think you want). Honey
Maid has been around since the 1920's. That's pretty "original".

See
<http://www.nabiscoworld.com/Brands/brandlist.aspx?SiteId=1&CatalogType=1&BrandKey=hon eymaid&BrandLink=/honeymaid/&BrandId=70&PageNo=1>
and
<http://www.nabiscoworld.com/BRANDS/BRANDLIST.ASPX?SITEID=1&CATALOGTYPE=1&BRANDKEY=HON EYMAID&BRANDLINK=/HONEYMAID/&BRANDID=70&PageNo=2>

As an aside, it would be easy to boost the molasses flavor
by substituting brown sugar for white sugar in your crust
recipe.