Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Troy Howard

Default Instant Yak Butter

So I was reading through a vendor's list of products today,
and I saw "Tibetan Yak Butter Instant Tea" packets.
Apparently it's a beverage. The packets are dried Yak
Butter, with sugar and salt. Mix with hot water, and bingo.
Instant cup of Yak Butter Tea. They suggest using Pu Er tea
instead of hot water for a flavour twist.

Now I've seen people drink a lot of strange things.. but
I've certainly never heard of Yak Butter Tea before.... WTF?

Anyone have any insight?

Good? Bad? Awesome? Disgusting? Healthy? The perfect
alternative to milk in your homemade chai? What is it??!?!

Thanks,
Troy

..