Posted to rec.food.baking
.

Default 2-layer sheet cake?

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005, -L. wrote:

> Is it structurally possible to make a double layer sheet cake from two
> 9X13 cakes? Any tips on how to transfer the second layer without it
> falling apart in the process?

I've used a combination of the two answers I've seen. I'll put the top
layer on a flat sheet (no edges at all) then stick it in the freezer for
15 minutes. I can then slide the top layer off the sheet and onto the
bottom layer. The sheets I use are non-stick. I never use them to bake on;
they are just for the purpose of sliding things around.