Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall

Default Food Channel on TV

> Nigella is very easy on the eyes and is so British plummy!

What is British plummy? "Upper crust? Monied? Aristocracy?

> Not to offend, but I am unable to deal with Mexican food - it seems to
> be at the cheap end - like what you do when the money runs out.

Some people don't like Mexican food. Others have a misconception of it.
There are a few cook books that might change your mind about preparation,
technique and ingredients. I also find Central American and South American
cooking quite diverse, and not within my expertise. Yum, Yum!

> There is a Delhi Belly program on UK TV - we get this as well here in
> New Zealand - it's done by a guy called Kumar who used to be in some
> English comedy program. The BBC site is quite good and you can find
> lovely recipes there.

I've seen Kumar on an English comedy program, although I don't watch BBC
situation comedies as a rule. Now "Fawlty Towers" is another story!

> I wonder if this is the Rachel we get who is English and seems to only
> do small TV bites. They are quite informative though and she's easy
> to follow.

If you distinguish between American and English -- well, Rachel Ray is
American. No doubt about it.

> How about this recipe for a quick and easy tasty pasta dish that I use
> all the time:
>
> 1 clove garlic finely sliced. 2 anchovies crushed.
> Good quality Extra Virgin olive oil.
> Enough pasta for 2 people.
> Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
> Shake of dried chilli flakes (optional)
>
> While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil to medium only. Add the
> garlic and stir once, then add the anchovies and stir again. Add the
> chilli flakes if you are using them. Cook for about 2 minutes or so
> on a medium to low heat. I find garlic is awful if it cooks fast and
> goes too brown.
>
> Drain the pasta and return to the pot. Mix in the oil, garlic and
> anchovies.
>
> Freshly grate parmesan cheese over the top and serve immediately.
>
> Cheers Dee

Yep, thanks, I think I'll have this soon. With a little fresh spinach. Yum
Yum!
Dee Dee