Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
pearl

Default Would you like to be eaten?

--
"All truth passes through 3 stages.
First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
-- Arthur Schopenhauer
"Leif Erikson" > wrote in message ink.net...
> pearl wrote:
>
> > "Leif Erikson" > wrote in message k.net...
> >
> > pearl wrote
> > <..>

> >>Humans hunted from the beginning.

> > '... while early humans ate some meat we do not know how

much meat they ate, nor whether they got the meat by hunting
or scavenging. It is not until much later, around 100,000 years
ago, that we have good evidence about human hunting skills,
and it is clear that humans then were still very ineffective
big-game hunters. Human hunters of 500,000 years ago and
earlier must have been more ineffective.
http://tinyurl.com/dahps

> They ate meat. Period.

Some did, at times.

'In The Origin of Humankind, Richard Leakey mentions Lewis
Binford, who suggested that systematic hunting of any kind
began to appear only when modern humans evolved, giving
dates of 45,000 to 38,000 years ago.
...'
http://tinyurl.com/dahps

... We now know that modern humans were roaming
Africa at least around 195,000 years ago.

> > ..
> > http://tinyurl.com/dahps

> Jo

Ad hominem.