Posted to alt.food.wine
Tom S

Default Chateauneuf du Pape 1998

"Emery Davis" > wrote in message
> ] Btw, "Max Mustermann" ist the dummy name for credit, bank and
> ] customer card ads in Austria.
> ]
>
> Ah ha. There's a Max Mustermann posting on rec.gardens also.
> I had assumed it was the same, but maybe not.
>
> Yes in american it is John Doe. The Brits version I can't quite
> think of just now. John Blood? Doesn't quite ring true.

How about John Bull?

Actually, in America John Doe isn't much used in credit card ads anymore.
It has become very common to "rent" the names of celebrities instead - and
not just movie stars. I've seen sports figures, politicians, astronauts,
writers etc.

Just a question to drag this back on topic a bit:
What sort of vintage is 2003 for CdP? I see that Costco has Vieux
Telegraphe on the shelf for $37US, which looks like a good price for one of
my favorite red wines.

BTW, what does "La Crau" translate to in English? TIA.

Tom S
www.chateauburbank.com