Old 27-12-2005, 04:44 PM posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
alancdavis

Default how to clean now manual turkish coffee grinder

Santa brought me an ibrik, hand grinder, cups and coffee (yum) and the
results, so far, have been tasty. I have a small amount of pre-ground
and blended coffee to start with (w/ drawbacks acknowledged) as well as
whole bean.

My question is - the hand grinder has some grease/oil on the burrs -
how can I clean it?

I'm hesitant to dismantle it without instructions of some sort on how
to put it back together. The stiffener/retainer for the stem seems to
be pressed into place and there are two screws at the level of the
burrs.

The grinder came from
http://www.turkishgiftbazaar.com/gri...e/02coffee.htm

Alan Davis