Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dave Smith

Default Yorkshire Pudding

Alex Rast wrote:

> What I've found is that there's no "secret" really - in the sense that one
> thing makes all the difference. Rather it's a question of method and
> recipe.

I think that sometimes it depends on how you are holding your tongue when you
make them. I have used several different recipes and the same methods, making
them early and letting them sit or making them just before putting them in the
oven, but always, always preheat the pan with the fat in it. I have never had
them not turn out at all. They always puffed up to some degree, but a few
times they have puffed up way more than they usually do, and one time they were
absolutely spectacular. I don't know what I did differently that time that I
might replicate the results.