Posted to rec.food.cooking
Puester

Default Food Channel on TV

Daisy wrote:
> Recently a Food channel appeared among our digital choices here in New
> Zealand. It has some great items and good cooks from the UK, the USA
> and Canada and Australia. Such a lot of choice!
>
> When I go online, however, to locate a recipe I would like to copy, I
> find that I have to go to Foodtv.com for US programs, and the
> BBC website for UK programs. Do viewers in the US and the UK get both
> (and even other countries' shows) on their food channel?

That's a hard question to answer because all of the U.S. Food network
programs are available on Foodtv.com but many of the British food
programs are shown on our PBS stations (Public Broadcasting/educational
networks). The PBS program recipes are not available to us on Foodtv,
but sometimes on the local PBS websites. I never thought to check for
them on the BBC site.

gloria p