Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dutch

Default Would you like to be eaten?

"Dave" > wrote

> Martin Willett wrote:

[..]

>> > What higher moral stance? Different morals perhaps. Why do you feel
>> > they
>> > claim a higher moral stance and why? Perhaps it's your perception of
>> > your own morality.

> If people decide to avoid animal source food products for perceived
> ethical reasons as the vast majority of vegans do then it follows
> they must consider this to be a higher moral stance.

You would think it to be self-evident wouldn't you? Yet vegans consistently
deny it when confronted by it.

>> Oh come on. Veg*ns ooze their sense of moral superiority like Christians
>> and Buddhists, they use it as part of their locomotion, like slugs. Of
>> course they make a point of not *claiming* moral superiority while doing
>> all they can to ensure that other people get the message loud and clear.
>> Their entire bearing says "we're not claiming to be superior to you, oh
>> no, that would be rude and arrogant and not *nice*, but you do know that
>> you are inferior to us, don't you? You don't? Here, take a pamphlet,
>> it's all in there."

> Since you obviously have a problem with it perhaps you might like to
> give
> veg*ns some advice.

Futile.

> Should they avoid acting in what they consider to
> be the morally superior fashion in case it makes other people feel
> uncomfortable?

The discomfort of others translates into comfort for the vegan.

> Show they avoid trying to educate people whom they
> believe have similar moral values but eat animal products out of
> ignorance?
> How would you act if you agreed with their views about the raising or
> killing of animals?

The only hope for vegans is to sacrifice the comforting feeling they get by
making others uncomfortable while they subject their views to a criticial
assessment. It's not a likely scenario, how many people can give up a sure
sense of moral superiority for a mere hope of intellectual integrity?