Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
rick

Default Would you like to be eaten?

"ant and dec" > wrote in message
> Dutch wrote:

>>> I'd like you to answer this point.

>> We all draw the line somewhere. Why do you believe that it is
>> all right to destroy animal populations in order to grow
>> vegetables, fruit, grain, cotton..?
>>
>> [..]

>>> This line of thinking is very often pulled apart as being
>>> complete BS. by both camps. I see some have already pointed
>>> this out.

>> Why is it complete BS?

> You've already stated why.
>
>>When animals die in crop fields they are often cruelly
>>dismembered or else are poisoned and die slowly of internal
>>hemorrhaging. Why is that all right and a bolt through the
>>brain is not?

> Animals are dismembered, but there is no one deriving any
> pleasure (being cruel) from it. One is easily avoided.

=========================
Your pleasure means nothing, hypocrite. the animals are still
dead, and they are dead at your behest, killer. tell us how you
propse to do the avoidance progeam of yours, fool.

>> [..]
>>

>>> I think you're blurring the realms of hypothesis and reality
>>> under the pretense of a "joke".

>> I think you are blurring human rights and our relationship
>> with the rest of the animal kingdom under the pretense of
>> "morality".

> Yes we have a moral responsibility to the rest of the animal
> kingdom.
>

>> [..]
>>
>>> You claim to observe this moral superiority, yet you can't
>>> give any examples? I think it's a figment of your
>>> imagination.

>> You are in denial. Every time a veg*n announces that they
>> don't eat meat, wrinkle their nose sanctimoniously at a piece
>> of meat,

> "wrinkle their nose sanctimoniously"!

=====================
Exactly. glad you agree, killer...

>>agonize rudely about some microscopic bit of animal cells in
>>some condiment,

> "agonize rudely"!

==================
Yes, completely, glad you agree, killer...

>>refer to statements like "Meat is Murder", or bring up issues
>>like "slaughterhouses" or "factory farming" in discussion,

> What's wrong with bring-up issues like "slaughterhouses" or
> "factory farming" in a discussion?

========================
Nothing, if you also bring up the massive death and suffering
from factory-famed crops, hypocrite. the problem is that it is
always glossed over by hypocrites like you. Also, usenet vegans
like to pretend that all meat comes from some imaginary process
of wanton abuse, cruelty and brutality. Your problem is that
you've watched and listened to too many propaganda spews.

>>they are implicitly setting themselves up as moral paragons. In
>>fact another way vegans describe themselves is "Ethical
>>Vegetarians". If you are "ethical" then what am I?

> We have different ethics. "If you are "ethical" then what am
> I?"

=====================
Hypocritical. You do nothing to follow your supposed ethics,
except the false and simple rule for your simple mind, 'eat no
meat.'

=====================
Exactly, glad you agree, killer...

> I was all inclusive in my statement, yet you have misread it;
> possibly purposly to pull out a dietary sub-set of vegetarians.
>

> This post typifies your modus operandi.
>
> You seem to have labeled me as a ve*gan, and have then go on to
> seemingly purposely misinterpret my posts adding inflammatory
> words of no value except to demonstrate your dislike.
>
> From what I've seen so far your posts rarely add value.

And your never do, fool...