Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dave Smith

Default U have a pod coffee brewer???? Ever try one?

Gabby wrote:

> I used pods recently when having to make coffee in someone else's kitchen.
> I bought them for the convenience and followed the directions for a medium
> strength coffee (5 cup mark on the coffee maker for each pod). It worked
> well but cost significantly more than just buying coffee. I wouldn't
> recommend them.

They seemed like a good idea, a good way to make one cup of good coffee. I
was tempted but after reading an article about them in the newspaper I decided
not to. It seems that most of them are designed to brew only with the
company's own coffee pucks. It reminded me of some of the computer printers
on the market that are cheap to buy but who make their money on the
cartridges.