Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dutch

Default Would you like to be eaten?

<dh@.> wrote
> On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 01:38:45 GMT, "Dutch" > wrote:

>>> If we didn't eat the pigs they would never exist at all. As long as most
>>> of their life is happy and content it must surely better to live and die
>>> than not to.
>>>
>>> Of course I know there's a qualifier in that statement. I put it there,
>>> so
>>> don't bother pointing it out.

>>I really like your posts Martin, I agree with everything you have said up
>>now, but

> Now he has suggested that something could be ethically equivalent
> or superior to the elimination of domestic animals,

That's got nothing to do with it dipshit. I don't dispute that *using animal
products* is "ethically equivalent or superior to the elimination of
domestic animals" to use your awkward wording. My argument is simply
examining the logic of the premise "If we didn't eat the pigs they would
never exist at all..."