Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dutch

Default Would you like to be eaten?

"ant and dec" > wrote in message
> Dutch wrote:

>>> A factually incorrect

>> You mean the part about the aliens? <LOL>

> No.

Which part did you find to be "factually incorrect"?

>>> diatribe attempting to justify the consumption of meat.

>> Eating meat doesn't demand justification.

> I never said it did. I read it that he was attempting albeit in a light
> hearted way, to give an adequate reason or grounds for (in other words
> justify) his decision to eat meat.
>
> Anybody can be asked to show adequate an reason or grounds for a decision.

I didn't interpret it that way. He was attempting to make light of the
emotional 'To Serve Mankind' argument contained in the admonishment "How
would you feel if aliens came to earth and saw *you* as food?"

>>> A troll.

>> You didn't actually take it seriously did you??

> He expected a serious comment. Should I have just written <LOL> "What a
> wag."?

I didn't consider simply asserting that it was "factually incorrect" to be a
serious comment.