Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

Default raisin bread

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Mark Thorson" > wrote
>
> > Pennsylvania Jake wrote:
> >>
> >> I am looking for recipes for raisin bread.
> >> thank you

> > Have you ever made non-raisin bread?
> > If so, do you still have the recipe for that?

> Raisin bread is sweeter somehow aside from the raisins
> and cinnamon you swirl in ... sorry I don't have a recipe.
> Someone will.

Any bread can be raisin bread, simply add raisins... the substantial
sugar contained in the raisins will leach out into the bread which will
add sweetness

Typically a white bread recipe is used but can be a whole wheat version
too... this week the stupidmarket was selling raisin challah, not bad.
I've had raisin bagels, Thomas makes raisin English Muffins. And
cinnamon is not a manditory ingredient for raisn bread. I typically
add raisins to my own version of multi grain bread. And then of
course there are quick breads, for me bran muffins require raisins,
lots.