Posted to rec.food.cooking
Rhonda Anderson

Default Kiwi Peeler?

Puester > wrote in
:

> Save your $12.99. Cut the kiwi in half along either plane
> and scoop out with a thin-bowled spoon. A plastic spoon
> works well, too. A serrated grapefruit knife is another
> possibility.
>
> gloria p
> allergic to kiwifruit
>:-(

Yep. In fact I have several "kiwifruit spoons". Not sure if they still
have them, but the supermarket I frequent had a huge pile of these to
just take for free when you bought kiwifruit - a plastic spoon with a
seerrated edge handle (not sharp enough to hurt). Cut the kiwifruit in
half with one end, use the spoon to eat it.

When I'm using them for a fruit platter or for pavlova or similar, I
just use a sharp paring knife to peel them. You lose a little fruit, but
not very much once you get used to doing it.

Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia