Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar

Default Coffee Machine "Senseo" TV commercial!???

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 18:30:39 GMT, "wff_ng_7" >
wrote:

>"Andy" <q> wrote:
>> Saw a commercial on TV for Senseo
>>
>> http://www.senseo.com/en/Senseous
>>
>> It's final "sales pitch" was "Every sip tastes as good as the last."
>>
>> Forgive me but shouldn't that be:
>>
>> "Every sip tastes as good as the first." ???

Maxwell house used to use "Good to the very last drop." Using that
rationale, the Senseo line makes sense. They are good machines. I have
one. The coffee is quite nice if one buys a pod adaptor and uses what
a better grade of coffee than the pre-packed pods provide.

>Not really the same thing, but it reminds me of Schaeffer's old jingle: "the
>beer to have when you're having more than one"

"Schaeffer is the one beer to have when you're having more than one."
Gives it the full symmetry.

>Which to me always said: "the beer to have when you're going to get so
>plastered, taste really doesn't matter"

I don't think it ever won any prizes, but it sure does remind me of
Yankee games.

Boron