Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall

Default Kiwi Peeler?

"echo" > wrote in message
> I have developed a taste for Kiwi fruit, but I find it difficult to peel
> with my thumb or fingers as the peel is thin, and shreds easily. Is there
> an
> Aussie solution for peeling a Kiwi fruit, or is it just a fact of life one
> must deal with?

I see from Wayne's reply that there actually is such a tool.

I have seen that one can scoop it out like one would scoop out an avocado,
with a spoon.
But, frankly, I've never seen a absolutely ripe kiwi to do this; mine just
generally turn into mush, and I'm not smitten with them anymore. I'll bet
they are delicious absolutely ripe from a tree -- like any other fruit (days
gone by!).
Dee Dee