Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
J.M. Flagg

Default Bring White Castle to Denver! Sign the petition!

Phin wrote:
> But I guess the frozen White Castle sliders are better than nothing!
> Damn! I wish White Castle would start expanding West! I emailed White
> Castle about opening up one in the Denver area and received this
> response (that's why I started the petition, so, perhaps somebody at
> corporate will see that there is a need):
>
> Thank you for your recent suggestion directed to our corporate office
> that we locate a White Castle restaurant in your area. We appreciate
> hearing from customers who enjoy our products. We have noted your
> suggestion
> and have forwarded it to our real estate department for consideration.
>
> In immediate response to your inquiry, however, White Castle prides
> itself on growing slowly. White Castle and all its subsidiaries are
> privately
> owned and operated. The company does not franchise or offer stock
> options, and finances its expansion solely through retained earnings.
> For these reasons, White Castle tends to operate within the existing
> Midwest and Northeast regions where all our support facilities (meat
> plants,
> bakeries, etc.) are located. We believe in this business practice so
> we can provide a stable company for the more than 12,000+ employees it
> supports.
>
> Due to these factors, as well as advertising efficiencies, we add only
> approximately fifteen to twenty new restaurants every year to our
> existing market areas. Based on our current expansion plans, it will
> be a few
> years before we open another new market area. A list of our current
> locations can be sent to you via conventional mail upon request.
>
> Thank you again for your interest in White Castle and its products.
>
> Sincerely,
> Elizabeth Ingram
> Director of Restaurant Operations

Wow!

Thanks for copying us on that!

Now compare that to the fiasco that Krispy Kreme, another old line
regional treat has undergone. Too quick an expansion, using common stock
to finance it, subsequent stock price collapse, multiple ceo's.

White Castle is the epitome of a well run conservative sucessful
business - kudos!