Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.rights.promotion
rick

Default The collateral deaths argument and the 'Perfect Solution Fallacy": a false dilemma.

"Derek" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 21:49:50 GMT, "rick" > wrote:
>>"Derek" > wrote in message
. ..
> [...]
m...

>>> Yes, I have. You can't beat foraging for wild vegetables and
>>> fruits.
>>> ==============================

>>Resorting to your dishonest snipping again

> I snip where I want without your permission, so deal with
> my comment and stop whining.

====================
LOL I'm just noting that it displays your dishonesty, fool. Do
keep it up, it makes my work much easier, killer.

You can't beat foraging
> for vegetables and fruits with your CD-laden grass fed
> beef and hunted meat, so why don't you offer that instead
> when asked for your opinion on what you consider to be
> the least-harm diet, you meat pushing liar?

=================
Because fairy-tales don't count. I've never denied that that
would be the case, but there are no usenet vegans practicing such
a lifestyle, hypocrite. Now, why can't you address the issue
that YOUR diet does not do what you claim it does? You cannot
post proof. Instead, as usual, you have to focus on what others
can/are doing so that you can ignore your bloody footprints.

>>> I've shown you the evidence at least three times now, so if
>>> you have a dispute with U.S.D.A. take it up with them.

>>=======================
>>I did

> If you did, you would have seen that the meat from those
> so-called grass fed animals can legitimately carry a “USDA
> Process Verified” shield next to the label “grass fed” if as
> little as 80 percent of the feed were grass, with no limits on
> the other 20 percent. Read U.S.D.A.'s claims standard for
> grass fed beef again and see it for yourself.

==============
No fool, you read the proposals, again. Then read what USDA
actually says about beef. You lose, again, fool.

> Claim and Standard:
> [sbull] Grass Fed.--Grass, green or range pasture, or
> forage shall be 80% or more of the primary energy
> source throughout the animal's life cycle.
>
> Dated: December 20, 2002.
> A.J. Yates,
> Administrator, Agricultural Marketing Service.
> [FR Doc. 02-32806 Filed 12-27-02; 8:45 am]
>
> BILLING CODE 3410-02-P]
> http://www.ams.usda.gov/lsg/stand/ls0202.txt
>
> Comments from disgruntled grass fed beef producers
> bear this out and reveal the lie behind grass fed beef;
>
> [Grass Fed Claims; This would appear to be the
> most commented upon topic in this docket. We
> will not belabor all the points of concern which
> are addressed but will focus on the areas of
> concern to our cooperative of growers. While
> Grain Fed addressed specifically what the method
> IS, Grass Fed seems to try to define what it IS
> NOT. This dichotomy is confusing. We feel that
> you need to define both as what they ARE since
> that is what is motivating the consumer.
>
> While the intent of this language would suggest
> that Grass Fed animals are not Grain Finished,
> especially in Feedlots, the language as written is
> not at all clear to that end. In fact by allowing
> 80% of consumed energy to be concentrated at
> the finishing stage, our data suggests that beef
> animals could be fed 50% forage /50% grain for
> 70 days at finishing. Likewise an animal could be
> fed 85% grain for 60 days and still qualify under
> these guidelines. This is absolutely not in line with
> consumer expectations as is borne out in the
> website comments.]
> http://www.ams.usda.gov/lsg/stand/comments/mc213.pdf
>
> Grass fed beef can be and is finished on grains like any
> other steer with U.S.D.A.'s full seal of approval, despite
> your empty, desperate denials.

>>> The evidence from U.S.D.A. ruins your claim that grass fed
>>> beef is all grass fed. It's finished at the feedlot and still
>>> qualifies as grass fed with U.S.D.A.'s full seal of approval.

>>===========================
>>No

> Yes, you can't ignore the claims standard for grass fed beef
> issued by U.S.D.A. and the messages from disgruntled farmers
> over it. Even consumer magazines show the lie behind so-called
> grass fed beef, and indicate the farmers' protests over the
> claims
> standard. Read on.

====================
You do ignore the facts fool. Read what the USDA really says.

> [The claims “100 percent grass fed” and “grass fed only,”
> which may appear on other companies’ packaging, would
> be useful if true, but they’re not verified, either.
>
> A proposal by the USDA for an optional verification program
> for “process claims,” including feeding methods, would only
> add to the confusion. Products that passed an inspection could
> carry a “USDA Process Verified” shield next to the label
> “grass
> fed” if as little as 80 percent of the feed were grass, with
> no
> limits on the other 20 percent; “grain fed” could be used with
> diet of as little as 50 percent grain. The agency has delayed
> implementation of the rule after protests from farmer and
> consumer groups, including Consumers Union, publisher of
> Consumer Reports magazine.]
> http://tinyurl.com/b63f3
>
> You must stop lying to people by claiming grass fed beef isn't
> finished on grains, because we can plainly see from the claims
> standard issued by U.S.D.A. that so-called grass fed beef can
> carry a “USDA Process Verified” shield next to the label “grass
> fed” if as little as 80 percent of the feed were grass, with no
> limits on the other 20 percent.

>>> It's evidence from U.S.D.A., you idiot. You can't dispute it
>>> as a lie, you imbecile.

>>=============================
>>Yes, I can

> Not legitimately, you can't. You can't ignore U.S.D.A.'s claims
> standard by pretending it doesn't exist. You're a stupid joke,
> Rick.

============
LOL A proposal does not an industry make fool. The USDA site
trells you how many beef cows do not get sent to feedlots fool.
Too bad you're too stupid to read for comprehension, eh killer?

>>> I've provided the link which directs you straight to
>>> U.S.D.A.'s
>>> page, just below in the summary, so stop lying Rick.

>>==============================
>>No fool, they don't say what you claim.

> That claims standard says exactly what I'm saying, that
> so-called grass fed beef is fed 20% grains throughout its
> entire life and finished at the feedlot like any other steer.

=============
No, it does not say that at all fool. Read again without your
blinders....

> That being so, so-called grass fed beef accrues collateral
> deaths from the crops they eat, so you can't keep making
> the claim that the production of grass fed beef doesn't. In
> short, stop lying.

===============
I'm not. That's all left up to you, hypocrite.

>>> There's that link.

>>==================
>>yes, and it doesn't say what you claim it does, killer.

> That claims standard says exactly what I'm saying, that
> so-called grass fed beef is fed 20% grains throughout its
> entire life and can be finished at the feedlot like any other
> steer. That being so, so-called grass fed beef accrues
> collateral deaths from the crops they eat, so you can't
> keep making the claim that the production of grass fed
> beef doesn't. In short, stop lying.

============
Can can stop you lys anythime fool. Just read for comprehension,
killer.

>>> That definition is valid, and I'll repost it as many times as
>>> needed.
>>> ===========================

>>LOL Or until you really believe it?

> There's every reason to believe that that definition of the
> fallacy you invoke while using the collateral deaths argument
> is correct and sound. The collateral deaths argument is
> debunked, so think of some other way to push meat onto
> vegans.

No, the CDs argument blows your entire house of cards to the
ground fool.

>>> There it is again. Read it and weep.

>>I have.

> Then you should have noted how it pertains to the collateral
> deaths argument, and shows it for the false dilemma that it is.

=========
Nope. It shows how incredibly stupid you are...