Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.rights.promotion
rick

Default The collateral deaths argument and the 'Perfect Solution Fallacy": a false dilemma.

"Derek" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 17:01:06 GMT, "rick" > wrote:
>>"Derek" > wrote in message
. ..
> [...]
m...

>>> No, I've shown that I'm right by offering a better solution
>>> than the grass fed beef or hunted meat you offer: foraging
>>> for wild vegetables and fruits. You'll do best to include
>>> that solution when offering the least harm diet, but being
>>> the meat pusher that you are you'll probably ignore it and
>>> continue offering your CD-laden grass fed beef instead.

>>===================================
>>No

> Yes, I have. You can't beat foraging for wild vegetables and
> fruits.
> ==============================

Resorting to your dishonest snipping again, eh fool.
Therefore, your argument is bogus, again.

>>> Evidence from U.S.D.A. shows that grass fed beef can be
>>> and is fed grains at the feedlot like any other steer, and
>>> still qualify as grass fed beef.

>>==========================
>>No fool, they do not.

> I've shown you the evidence at least three times now, so if
> you have a dispute with U.S.D.A. take it up with them.

=======================
I did fool, by showing you what the USDA says, not the idiocy you
can't comprehend correctly.
Therefore, your argument is bogus, again.

>>> The evidence is indisputable and from U.S.D.A. You
>>> have no reason to dispute it, and it stands until you do.

>>==========================
>>LOL

> The evidence from U.S.D.A. ruins your claim that grass fed
> beef is all grass fed. It's finished at the feedlot and still
> qualifies
> as grass fed with U.S.D.A.'s full seal of approval.

===========================
No fool, the USDA backs up what I said, and I showed you the
proof. that you cannot read what you post for comprehension is a
well known flaw of yours, killer.
Therefore, your argument is bogus, again.

>>> I've shown that they are, despite your denials. Read on and
>>> see that they are, just below this line.

>>======================
>>I've read your lys

> It's evidence from U.S.D.A., you idiot. You can't dispute it
> as a lie, you imbecile.

=============================
Yes, I can, and did, fool. You have failed to comprehend what
you post, as usual.

>>> No, I haven't. My claims are backed by evidence from
>>> U.S.D.A. and accompanying notes from disgruntled
>>> farmers. There's no getting away from the fact that
>>> the grass fed beef you offer as an option to regular
>>> beef is bogus, because both animals are finished on
>>> grains at the feedlot. It's not an alternative to regular
>>> steers at all if both are fed grains at the feedlot, as
>>> shown by U.S.D.A.

>>==========================
>>no fool, they are not backed up by the USDA.

> I've provided the link which directs you straight to U.S.D.A.'s
> page, just below in the summary, so stop lying Rick.

==============================
No fool, they don't say what you claim. I posted USDA sites that
are direct and to the point. Ones that you missed, as usual.
Therefore, your argument is bogus, again.

> There's that link.

==================
yes, and it doesn't say what you claim it does, killer.
Therefore, your argument is bogus, again.

>>> Your denial at this point in spite of all that evidence I've
>>> provided is absurd, though fully expected.

>>====================
>>You've provided nothing, killer.

> Keep up that denial. It fits you well. Like I said, your denial
> at this point in light of all the evidence supporting my claim
> is absurd. You're absurd.

===========================
Again, the absurdaty is your lying about what the sutes you post
say. Too bad you can't read for comprehension, eh fool?
Therefore, your argument is bogus, again.

>>> I've supported it by offering a better option to your best:
>>> foraging
>>> for wild vegetables and fruits. Better, best, bested - how's
>>> that for
>>> a declension? You lose, Etter.

>>===============================
>>LOL No you haven't

> Foraging for wild vegetables and fruit beats your CD-laden
> grass fed beef, and it also beats hunting animals for food
> as well. You lose.

========================
No fool, you lose. You can't support it without your
fairy-tales. It's really too bad for the animals you kill for
your stupidity, hypocrite.
Therefore, your argument is bogus, again.

>>> Then you are indeed posing a false dilemma known as the
>>> perfect solution fallacy.
>>>
>>> The Perfect Solution Fallacy.
>>> The perfect solution fallacy is a logical fallacy that occurs
>>> when an argument assumes that a perfect solution exists
>>> and/or that a solution should be rejected because some part
>>> of the problem would still exist after it was implemented.
>>> Presumably, assuming no solution is perfect then no solution
>>> would last very long politically once it had been
>>> implemented.
>>> Still, many people (notably utopians) seem to find the idea
>>> of
>>> a perfect solution compelling, perhaps because it is easy to
>>> imagine.

>>============================
>>LOL Reposting your stupidity only confirms your stupidity

> That definition is valid, and I'll repost it as many times as
> needed.
> ===========================

LOL Or until you really believe it? Too bad logic doesn't back
you up, killer.
Therefore, your argument is bogus, again.

>>> Examples:
>>> (critic)
>>> This "terrorist safety net" is a bad idea. Terrorists will
>>> still be
>>> able to get through!
>>> (Rejoinder)
>>> Yes, some terrorists would still be able to get through, but
>>> would it be worth stopping those terrorists that it would
>>> stop?
>>> (critic)
>>> These anti-drunk driving ad campaigns are not going to work.
>>> People are still going to drink and drive no matter what.
>>> (Rejoinder)
>>> It may not eliminate 100% of drunk driving, but is the amount
>>> by which it would reduce the total amount of drunk driving
>>> enough to make the policy worthwhile?
>>> (Critic)
>>> Seat belts are a bad idea. People are still going to die in
>>> car
>>> wrecks.
>>> (Rejoinder)
>>> It may not save 100% of people involved in car wrecks, but
>>> isn't the number of lives that would be saved enough to make
>>> seat belts worthwhile?
>>>
>>> It is common for arguments that commit this fallacy to omit
>>> any specifics about how much the solution is claimed to not
>>> work, but express it only in vague terms. Alternatively, it
>>> may
>>> be combined with the fallacy of misleading vividness, when
>>> a specific example of a solution's failing is described in
>>> eye-
>>> catching detail and base rates are ignored (see availability
>>> heuristic).
>>> The fallacy is a kind of false dilemma.
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_solution_fallacy

> There it is again. Read it and weep.

I have. You apparently haven't. At least not without your
blinders on, hypocrite.
Therefore, your argument is bogus, again.