Helen C.

Default Q about pasta shells w/ seafood

(Louise=A0Lewis) wrote:
<you can make a great sauce with out the cornstarch... sautee your
garlic in butter and add your wine and reduce to half add you heavy
cream and bring to a boil
wisk in your cheese season to taste
it should thicken with out the graineness of the cornstarch and water
will just weaken it just have enough cheese
we used this for our sauce,, and cook to order>
///////////////

Thanks for the help! I'll give this a try and see how I do. If I can get
it right, the possibilities are endless.

A lot of the other recipes have flour in it... I think I'll definitely
start with your suggestion first. I'd really like to learn how to make
my own pasta sauce and try new sauces as I go.

I'm not to sure about the recipes or techniques in the book yet because
I haven't got that far but the ideas you get as far as which pasta to
pair up with which sauce was really fun to look over.

Thanks again, much, for your help. I had to print this because I really
am new at white and cheese sauces. I do make a great red sauce though.

Your time and experience is appreciated.
Very Sincerely, Helen