Posted to co.food,co.denver.general,rec.food.restaurants,co.consumers
Uncle Sam

Default Bring White Castle to Denver! Sign the petition!

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:07:01 -0500, Shawn Hirn >
wrote:

>In article >,
> Uncle Sam > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:50:21 -0500, Shawn Hirn >
>> wrote:

>> >This is silly. Why bother with a petition?

>> Well, it's called gauging the demand...
>>
>> > If you really want to have a
>> >White Castle open in your area, feel free to open one yourself. This is
>> >what capitalism is all about!

>> We used to have the equivalent thereof on Alameda east of Federal, it
>> was called Sliders and Nails.
>>
>> I well remember Allen Berg's commercials for em.
>>
>> >Of course, if you do open up your own White Castle franchise, I suggest
>> >you have another job lined up after your restaurant goes belly up. I
>> >can't believe how bad White Castle food is. It tastes like old grease
>> >and salt. Its no wonder all the White Castle's in my area went out of
>> >business; they are by far the worst of the fast food restaurants.

>> You have no taste at all, there ain't nothing like a bag of sliders
>> and nails.

>So, then why do White Castle restaurants seem to have a relatively short
>life if their food is so tasty?

They don't.

They've been in business since the 1920s!

http://whitecastle.com/_pages/about.asp
Hmm… What can $700 get you? Well in 1921 with $700 of borrowed money,
the first White Castle opens in Wichita, Kansas, offering hamburgers
at the unbelievable price of $.05 a piece.

More than 80 years.
More than 380 restaurants.
More than 500,000,000 burgers sold last year alone.

But when you add it up, the by-the-numbers White Castle math just
can't compare to the steam-grilled science of creating that signature
Slyder.® Or the consistent history of high quality and great taste
that turned fast food into big business and jumpstarted the nation's
first hamburger century. (Well, almost a century: meat rationing
during World War II forced us to sell hot dogs and eggs.) Or, most of
all, the shared secret language of committed Cravers across the
country, the words and senses that turn all of you into One of Ours.

Still, math is pretty fundamental. Mostly because, in White Castle
mathematics (crunched at our Columbus, Ohio, headquarters), the number
one keeps popping up.

First fast-food hamburger chain ever. First industrial-strength
spatula. First mass-produced paper hat. First to sell a million
hamburgers. First to sell a billion hamburgers. First frozen fast food
for sale.

All of which, of course, makes us your number one. Hold your applause
for your next burgers.