Bob

Default Turkish coffee

EskWIRED proffered:

> You need fresh coffee and an exceptionally good grinder, capable of
> grinding to a dust-like consistency. You also need an Ibrik, which is a
> coffee maker which is flat and wide on the bottom and smaller on the top,
>
> You mix the powderedd coffee with water, and then heat the Ibrik until
> the coffee foams up, but does not boil. Repeat it three times. Then let
> the sledge settle a bit.
>
> Often spices are mixed in, most commonly, cardommon.

This is the way I make it, and I find it to be identical to the "Turkish"
coffee I was served at restaurants in Kuwait. Strictly speaking, you can
make the coffee in a small saucepan; it's just not as easy to pour out.

For the OP, I'm aware of two San Diego restaurants which serve Turkish
coffee:

Pomegranate, at the corner of El Cajon and Louisiana (see
http://www.russiangeorgianfood.homestead.com/)

Cafe Caspian, 4646 Park Blvd, (see http://www.caspiancorner.theshoppe.com/)

Both restaurants are excellent, even if you DON'T go there for the coffee.

Bob