Old 15-12-2005, 09:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc
graham

Default Venison

"EastneyEnder" wrote in message
The Reid wrote:
Most of the things I do with venison seem to involve chocolate
and a little chilli. Parsnips are often included and sometimes
black beans. I have a regular supply of venison sausages which
seem to go well with broad beans and some root vegetables.

Now I do like the sound of parsnips & black beans. Two of my favourites
and
I hadn't thought of them, although I often put a can of beans into
stews...
black-eyed for preference as they keep their shape and can still be picked
up for under 50p in some ethnic shops.... sometimes cannelini or
rose-coco,
never red kidney beans:- there are just many better beans out there than
the
ubiquitous red kidney.

I wish canned black beans were more common here; I've only ever seen them
on
sale once at a Portuguese deli in Brixton. I don't mind cooking them from
scratch myself, although even the dried ones can be hard to spot
sometimes,
but canned are handy and often just as good. I love the richness of colour
that black beans add to a dish.

Not sure about the chocolate and chilli though. I have had Hare in
chocolate
sauce and wasn't convinced,

Rent the Mexican movie: "Like water for chocolate". It'll put a whole new
spin on your cooking:-)
Graham